Updated: Jul 8
General building exterior wall insulation materials include: inorganic active external wall insulation materials, silicate insulation materials, rubber powder polystyrene particles, steel wire net cement foam board etc. These materials are not ideal for fire protection and environmental protection performance. Now we introduce rock wool sandwich panel, it is a natural environmental protection type fireproof, adiabatic thermal insulation material. It uses natural rock and blast furnace slag. As the main raw material, plus a certain number of auxiliary materials, artificial fibers are made by melting injection at high temperature, and then rock wool related products are made of it. Rock wool panel has passed the national fire prevention test, and its performance characteristics are as follows:
1. Rigidity of rockwool roofing panel is good: Because rock wool core insulation and two layers of steel plate are bonded together to form a whole rockwool panel, the surface of roof panel is corrugated and pressed, its overall stiffness is good, and after the sandwich paneling is fixed with roofing purlin by connecting hardwares, the overall stiffness of the roof is greatly improved, the overall performance of the roof is strengthened. When rock wool sandwich panel is selected, a larger purlin distance can be adopted, thus the purlin consumption can be saved by 1/3~2/3.
2. Reasonable buckling mode: Rockwool sandwich roof panel adopts buckling connection mode, which avoids the hidden danger of water leakage of roof panel joints and saves the consumption of accessories.
3. Fixing method is firm and reasonable: Rockwool roof panel is fixed with special M6 self-tapping screw and purlin, which can effectively resist the external force such as typhoon. Self-tapping screw is set at the wave crest position on the surface of roof panel, and special water-proof structure is adopted to avoid water-proof weak points.
4. Installation cycle is short: Rock wool sandwich panel not only keep the surrounding environment clean without affecting the normal operation of other processes, but also greatly shorten the installation cycle of the panels. The average daily installation area of rock wool sandwich panel reaches 600-800 square meters.
5. Scratch protection: When rock wool sandwich panel is produced, polyethylene self-adhesive protective film can be pasted on the surface to avoid scratch or wear on the surface of steel plate during transportation and installation.
6. Excellent firep-roofing performance: Rock wool sandwich panel uses raw materials, production process and formula, so that it has good fire-proof performance.
7. Good thermal insulation: thermal insulation is based on the thermal conductivity of rock wool which it is 0.043W/m2/K, further more, rock wool insulation can reach fire protection grade A.
8. The effect of sound insulation and absorption is remarkable.
Sound absorption: It can absorb sound in a wide range of frequencies. According to ISO354/85 standard, the sound absorption performance of rock wool panel reaches DELTALA=15.7dB(A).
Sound insulation: Rock wool sandwich panel can significantly reduce noise transmission, especially in places where designated flights pass. In addition, when rock wool roof panel is used, indoor sound caused by rain and hail impact on roof panel of buildings is also significantly reduced. Through testing, according to ISO717/82 and UNI8270/7 standards, the sandwich board with density of 100kg/M3 rock wool as core material is selected, the sound insulation effect can reach RW=29~30Db.
9. Durability: Various studies have shown that, as well as the extensive use abroad for more than 40 years, the shelf life of color steel sheets treated with special coatings is 10-15 years, and after spraying anti-corrosive coatings every 10 years, the life of the sheets can reach more than 35 years.
According to GB/T 23932-2009 testing standard, rock wool sandwich panel should be in accordance with the below standard:
1. Appearance quality: flat and clean surface, no obvious concave and convex, no warpage and deformation, uniform color, no glue mark and oil stain, no obvious scratch/knock/scratch, straight incision, neat cut surface, no burr, firm bond between color steel sheet and core insulation material, compact core material.
2. Dimensional deviation: length plus or minus 5mm, width plus or minus 2mm, thickness plus or minus 2mm, diagonal deviation less than or equal to 6mm
3. Rockwool density: > 120 kg/m3
4. Bond strength: > 0.06 Mpa
5. Peeling property: The bonding area of each peeling surface should be no less than 85%.
6. Flexural Bearing Capacity (> 0.5KN/M2)
To compare more sandwich panel option, you can kindly visit here.
To get a quotation, you can please contact us.