Sandwich Panel Roofing
How to prevent the sandwich panel roofing from leakage?
（1） Quality requirements of sandwich panel roofing
The quality of roof works shall meet the following requirements during acceptance of divisional works:
1. The waterproof layer shall be free of leakage or ponding.
2. The materials used in the roofing shall meet the design requirements and quality standards.
3. The surface of the leveling layer shall be flat and free from looseness, sanding and peeling.
4. The thickness, moisture content and apparent density of the insulation layer shall meet the design requirements.
5. Gutter, eaves gutter, flashing, deformation joint and other structures shall meet the design requirements.
6. The laying method and lapping sequence of the coiled material shall meet the design requirements, with correct lapping width and tight joints, without wrinkles, blisters and edge warping.
7. The thickness of the waterproof coating layer shall meet the design requirements, and the coating shall be free of cracks, wrinkles, flowing, bubbling and carcass exposure.
8. The surface of the rigid waterproof layer shall be flat, calendered, free from sand, peeling and cracking. The dividing joint shall be straight and in correct position.
9. The caulking sealing material shall be firmly bonded with the base course on both sides, and the sealing part shall be smooth and straight, without cracking, bubbling and falling.
10. The roofing panel shall be flat and firm, arranged neatly and straightly, overlapped reasonably, with tight joints and no incomplete tiles.
（2） Contents of quality inspection and acceptance of roofing works
1. Inspection and acceptance of preparatory work: before the construction of waterproof works, check whether the roof works have passed the joint review of drawings, whether the contents of construction scheme or technical measures are complete, whether the process arrangement is reasonable, whether the progress is scientific, whether the quality requirements are clear, and whether the quality objectives are formulated; check the qualification level of waterproof professional construction team and the work license of construction personnel; check the roof materials The mobilization of materials, whether the on-site appearance inspection of materials is qualified, whether the on-site sampling meets the standards, whether the test data is valid and whether it meets the design requirements, and check the quantity and intactness of construction machines and tools and labor protection appliances.
2. Inspection and acceptance of base course quality: before the construction of leveling layer, check whether the quality of structural base course meets the requirements of waterproof engineering construction, whether the quality of raw materials of leveling layer is qualified, whether the proportion is accurate, whether the water cement ratio and consistency are appropriate, whether the position of grid joint formwork is accurate, whether the cement mortar plastering is dense, whether the slope is accurate, and whether the secondary calendering is carried out in time; find out Surface quality inspection of flat layer.
3. Inspection and acceptance of insulating layer quality: whether the type of insulating layer material is correct, whether the quality is qualified, and whether the thickness of the plate is accurate; whether the proportion of the overall cast-in-place insulating layer is correct, whether the mixing is uniform, and whether the compaction degree meets the requirements; whether the virtual layer thickness and compaction degree of the loose insulating material are the same as the parameters determined by the test; whether the plate shaped insulating material is paved It shall be stable, whether the gap between slab joints is densely filled with similar materials, whether the joints of upper and lower plates are staggered; whether the leveling layer and waterproof layer are constructed in time after the completion of the insulation layer construction, whether temporary covering measures are taken in case of rain before covering, and the moisture content of the insulation layer shall be re measured after rain.
4. Quality inspection and acceptance of the waterproof layer: before the construction of the waterproof layer, check whether the quality of the base (leveling layer) is qualified; whether the waterproof layer materials and supporting materials are qualified by sampling inspection, whether the weather conditions during the construction of the waterproof layer meet the requirements, whether the detailed structure is added with additional reinforcement layer according to the requirements; whether the line is snapped before the paving of the coiled material, whether the construction sequence and process of the coiled material are correct, Whether the paving direction is correct, whether the bonding method meets the design requirements, whether the air on the bottom of the coil is exhausted, whether the lap width of the coil meets the requirements, whether the coil joint is reliable and whether the seal is tight; whether the waterproof coating ratio is accurate, whether the mixing is uniform, whether the amount of each coating is appropriate, whether the uniformity of the coating, the number of times of coating and the total amount of coating are up to to meet the requirements, whether the interval time for painting is sufficient, whether the laying direction and overlapping width of the carcass reinforcement material meet the requirements, whether the thickness of the membrane waterproof layer meets the design requirements; whether there is an isolation layer between the rigid waterproof layer and the structural base, whether the position of the grid joint formwork is correct, whether the formwork is firm, whether the type and specification of the reinforcement meet the design requirements, whether the spacing and position of the reinforcement Whether the setting is correct; whether the proportion of fine aggregate concrete is accurate, whether the mixing is uniform, whether the concrete of each lattice is poured continuously, whether the concrete is compacted and troweled, whether the secondary calendering is carried out in time, whether the maintenance is timely and sufficient, whether the maintenance time meets the requirements, whether the surface has defects such as cracks, shelling and sanding, and whether the allowable deviation of surface flatness meets the requirements.
5. Quality inspection and acceptance of the protective layer: whether the waterproof layer has passed the acceptance, whether the protective layer has taken measures to protect the waterproof layer during construction; whether the protective layer of light color coating is evenly applied, whether there is leakage and exposure; whether the distribution of mungbean sand, mica or vermiculite is even, and whether the bond is firm; whether there is a separation between the protective layer of cement mortar, block or fine stone concrete and the waterproof layer Whether the position of separation layer and division joint is accurate, whether the cement mortar or concrete is dense, and whether the surface is defective; whether the drainage slope of the protective layer meets the design requirements.
6. Quality inspection and acceptance of roofing tile: whether the tile and its supporting materials are qualified in sampling inspection, whether the base quality is qualified, whether the joint parts are enhanced, whether the waterproof layer is inspected and accepted; whether the down flow strip and tile hanging strip of the roofing tile are graded to match the material size, whether the nails are flat and firm; whether the tile is firmly laid, whether the fixed measures are taken when the slope is too large, and whether the tile surface Whether it is neat, flat and straight, whether the direction and size of the cover between the ridge tile and the flat tile, between the ridge tile and the flat tile are correct, whether the ridge and the inclined ridge are straight; whether the number of the fixed nails of the linoleum tile is sufficient, whether the nails are flat and firm, whether the nail cap is exposed, whether it is close to the base, whether the butt joints between the linoleum tiles are staggered; whether the installation and fixation method of the metal plate is correct, Whether the overlapping width meets the requirements, whether there are sealing measures for the joints between plates, whether the sealing is tight, whether the sealing of bolt fixing points is tight, and whether the cornice line and flashing section are straight.
7. Acceptance of thermal insulation roofing: whether the waterproof layer is qualified before the construction of thermal insulation layer, and whether measures are taken to protect the waterproof layer; whether the quality of overhead thermal insulation products meets the requirements, whether the roof is cleaned before the construction of overhead slab, whether there are strengthening measures at the bottom of buttress, whether the spacing between buttresses is accurate, whether the overhead slab is paved with mortar, whether the laying is smooth and stable, and whether adjacent slabs Whether the height difference of the surface conforms to the standard, whether the slab joint is filled tightly; whether the division and structure of the water storage area are correct, whether the location, dimension and elevation of the drainage pipe, overflow, water supply pipe and water outlet meet the design requirements; whether the drainage slope of the planting roof is accurate, whether the planting layer and drainage layer materials meet the design requirements, and whether the location, dimension and elevation of the water outlet meet the design requirements Design requirements.
8. Leakage inspection of roofing waterproof layer: check whether there is leakage and ponding on the roof, and whether the drainage system is smooth, which shall be carried out after rain or continuous water spraying for 2h. The water storage time of the roof that may be used for water storage inspection shall not be less than 24 hours. During the inspection, the ceiling of the top room shall be carefully inspected one by one. In case of leakage, the state of leakage shall be recorded, the cause shall be found out, and repair shall be carried out in time until there is no leakage on the roof.
If you want to see more types of sandwich panel, kindly check here.